Empowering people, creating impact
Why this course?
When designing and managing projects, we need to have the technical skills and tools. However, our own management capacities are as important to ensure strong results. This course combines the technical with the managerial concepts to fully equipped project managers in this 4- day crash course
By the end of this course, you will:
Who should join?
- Understand various methods for planning and designing results (for example: Problem Tree, Stakeholder Analysis, Appreciative Inquiry, Outcome Mapping)
- Learn how to design results-based monitoring and evaluation plan, including: KPIs (key performance indicators) and learning agendas.
- Learn specific management skills to deal with staff and stakeholders for strong development results (leadership styles, situational leadership, conflict handling, negotiation, team performance)
- Understand change processes, both contextual and organisational.
You are involved in project design, monitoring and implementation. In addition, you need to manage and motivate staff, teams and/or partners. On a daily basis you are balancing technical and managerial requirements of you challenging but interesting job.
Understanding the context of our development interventions
Introduction Project Cycle and Results Chain
Theory of Change
Risk assessment and assumptions
Five steps to design monitoring systems
Data collection methods and tools
Your personal leadership style (CAPS)
Making partnerships work
Building strong teams
Organizational change and change management
Certificates, end-of-training evaluation, closure
Meet your trainer
MDF Asia, Myanmar Office
Rayke has a background in development economics and has been working with different development organisations for the last 10 years. During these years she supported many organisations with project design and M&E. During this Project Management training, she will provide sessions on the first phases of the project cycle: identification, formulation and monitoring
Time: 7 – 10 September 2020
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Course fee: 920 EUR (excluding tax)
Registration deadline: 31 August 2020
Registration: visit our course page here
- Transportation: To be arranged by participants
- Accommodation: If participants would like to stay at the training venue, MDF Asia will support with the booking. Participants can also search for nearby options on booking.com or www.agoda.com
- Final course agenda: available to be sent out 1 week before the training starts
- Visa (if needed): Participants are advised to study visa policy of the country where the training takes place early enough for all the necessary preparation and application. MDF Asia will support participants’ visa application by providing an invitation letter if required
5% discount to the payments completed by 27 July 2020
10% discount to MDF alumni who attended an MDF course within the past 2 years
1 free place for a group of 6 registrations from the same organization
MDF Asia, Vietnam Office
Add: Room 501, A1 building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound,
298 Kim Ma Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: +84 (0)24 6258 4438