is an international Non-Governmental Organisation (iNGO) with administrative headquarters in the United Kingdom and an operational staff team in Laos.
Cord has 50 years of experience in humanitarian and development work with communities worldwide affected by conflict. We believe that people can only flourish where strong relationships exist between Governments, Civil Society and the private sector, creating a space for dialogue, dispute resolution and confidence building. This leads to more inclusive development, better governance and people’s rights being represented.
Cord Laos is a small and committed multi-disciplinary team of technical national and international experts that deliver initiatives to develop the capacity of communities, civil society and government. Cord works in partnership with a range of stakeholders and has a multi-donor multi-partner programme.
In order to provide capacity development to Lao civil society organisations (CSOs) in the framework of the GIZ’s CEGGA Programme jointly funded by the European Union, Germany and Switzerland, Cord Laos aims at building a database of potential capacity development service providers who specialize in training and coaching focusing on the following areas:
- i) Organisational development:g. Organisational governance; Project cycle management; Strategic planning; Strategic development; Financial management; Monitoring and evaluation; Donor reporting; Fundraising; Sustainability; Human resource management; etc.
- ii) Soft Skills and policy engagement:g. Leadership; Communication; Negotiation; Influencing ; Presentation; Public speaking; Ability to engage with government; Ability to analyse issues and generate practical solutions; Facilitate community participation; Facilitate community needs assessment; Time management; Holistic and systematic thinking; Analytical and critical thinking; Strategy development; Using better evidence; etc.
Cord is now seeking Expressions of Interest from individuals and organisations to be included in the directory of capacity building providers working in one or more of the above mentioned areas.
Parties will be engaged to deliver capacity building activities, trainings and coaching services to selected Lao CSOs involved in the CEGGA Small Grant Scheme. The capacity building related activities will based on pre-identified and agreed upon needs and follow individual Capacity Development Plans. Those activities are anticipated to start Mid 2020 and continue till 2021.
Who can Apply?
The Call for Expression of Interest is open to individual applicants and qualified organisations, including not-for-profit non-governmental organisations or community-based, private sector organisations with social responsibility programs, media organisations, for-profit training organisations.
How to apply?
Interested Capacity Development Service Providers are requested to submit an “Expression of Interest”
to make their interest noticed and provide information using the form attached.
- Template – EoI Letter – CDSPs (1) (Pdf)
- Template – EoI Letter – CDSPs (1) (Word)
Main information to be provided are about:
- Your contact details
- Your portfolio and areas of expertise
- Relevant experience and Methodology
- Your fees,
Please send the “Expression of Interest” and relevant information to:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with a first evaluation closing date on 1st
of March 2020.
Please note only selected potential Capacity Development Service Providers will be contacted.