Cord is an international NGO that works to build lasting peace in partnership with people living and working in conflict or post-conflict situations.
We are seeking for an external consultant to conduct a final evaluation
of the EU funded Capacity Development and Networking to Enhance Civil Society in Lao PDR (CONNECT) project. Launched in July 2017, the CONNECT project brought together Cord, HELVETAS Intercooperation GmbH (HELVETAS), Participatory Development Training Centre (PADETC) (now PAKA) and Learning for Development Association (LDA), who, together with the INGO Network, formed the Lao Civil Society Consortium which has been operating since 2012. The consortium has together implemented this 48-month project, which will be completed in June 2021.
The objective of the final evaluation is to assess the relevance, coherence, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and foreseen sustainability of the project.
The evaluator(s) and/or firm should have the following skills and experience:
- Fluency in English language (Essential)
- Significant professional experience in organisational capacity development, development and good governance.
- Strong understanding of the political, human rights and civil society contexts in Lao PDR
- Significant experience conducting evaluations for capacity building related projects
- Experience of and personal commitment to working with sensitivity in politically sensitive environments and conflict contexts
- At least 5 years’ experience in participatory monitoring, evaluation and research and report writing in English
- Understanding of peacebuilding approaches and principles and conflict sensitivity
- Strong analytical skills
Cord invites interested applicants to submit a detailed proposal with the following components:
- A maximum of 3 pages of the proposed methodology and approach for the consultancy
- An indicative work plan with time frame and budget
- Consultant(s) CV and description of Key personnel and staffing if team/firm
- Budget estimate including consultancy fees
This final evaluation consultancy has been designed with a maximum time frame of 22 days, beginning during the first week of May 2021 and completion expected by late June 2021.
Interested applicants should submit their application to Jeanne Battello, Programme Manager at email@example.com
on or before 18th
Applicants are encouraged to request the complete Terms of Reference (ToR) for this consultancy at the above email address.