World Food Programme ອົງການອາຫານໂລກ
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. In Laos, WFP is committed to reduce under nutrition and food insecurity throughout the country. All WFP staff contributes as a team to this
WFP is looking for an Administrative and Finance Associates who will be stationed Xamneua Houaphanh province. She/he will work under the supervision of Head of Field Office and will carry out the following responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide specialized expertise and contribute towards the development of project activities, plans and processes within the specific technical area of work ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide efficient coordination and specialized project management support to a range of specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a variety of elaborated reports and substantial data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and make recommendations to supervisors, ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Lead and ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Foster relationships and support partnership-building with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within a specific technical area.
- Act as an escalation point for complex query resolution on all matters within the area of responsibility.
- Manage a team of support staff, providing advice, guidance and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
University degree in Agriculture, Environmental Science,
Social Sciences or other field relevant to international
development assistance, or related work experience and/or trainings/courses
Experience and skills:
- Proven track record as good community mobilizer;
- At least five (5) year experience working with NGOs, NPAs in development field;
- Ability to communicate in English for both orally and in writing; ability to communicate in local ethnic language and strong inter and intra personal communication skills;
- Good analytical, facilitation, negotiation skills;
- Ability to work in a team, establish effective working relations with persons of different cultural backgrounds;
Application are required to apply online by 23 May 2019
Requisition ID# 105264
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. WFP is committed to an inclusive working environment which values diversity and has zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment and abuse of any kind. WFP provides necessary arrangement to ensure staff safety when travel to remote areas.
WFP is committed to gender equality and parity (50% women and 50% men) and to diversity more generally, among employees across all grades, functions and contract modalities. WFP supports the use of flexible working arrangements to assist women and men in balancing work and personal responsibilities, translating into effective, efficient and dedicated participation of women and men in the workforce. WFP offers an attractive salary and other benefits, including annual leave, parental leave and health insurance for staff and eligible dependents. You can find more information from the link:
https://wfp-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/phonesavanh_ nidsavathvong_wfp_org/EWYNE4CKlQFHrfRdBqxD7i8B SFhHiwrCB9AYGjmwsqe8dQ?e=CA8tI3
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note that CVs and other documents submitted to WFP cannot be returned.